Exchange of contracts for sale and payment of a 10% deposit to the vendor’s attorney-at-law. The remaining 90% of the balance due is paid at time of conveyance.
Conveyance time is approximately three months
The freehold title may be in an individual’s name or through a corporate vehicle set up to own the property. Non-residents of Barbados tend to purchase property through a company which may be incorporated outside of Barbados.
Overseas purchasers can secure a 50% to 65% mortgage through a bank in Barbados.
There are no restrictions to non-nationals purchasing property in Barbados.
Nil Capital Gains Tax